NVC Community Camp, South West
26th Jul 2022 - 2nd Aug 2022
Tuesday 26th July from 10am. Opening circle 7pm.
To make this camp accessible to people of different financial resources, we propose a sliding scale of £150 – £350 at booking, see more details on our event page.
LED BY Shantigarbha, Gesine, Rik
We welcome everyone who wants to explore the principles of NVC and supports the purpose of the camp, which is to create a space for learning NVC within a community setting. The camp is supported by NVC certified trainers Shantigarbha and Gesine Schrader (About Us), and Rik Midgley
Given that we learn in different ways and respond to different teaching styles, what strategies best suit your learning?
- absorbing the environment
- informal conversation
- specific workshops
- working with live issues
- being part of group process (e.g. community circles)
This camp welcomes NVC beginners (there will be a introductory sessions), and more NVC advanced folk. On the booking form we will ask you to commit to coming to learn NVC within a community setting.
Arrival and departure
Arrival day: Tuesday 26th July from 10am. Opening circle 7pm.
Departure day: Tuesday 2nd August. Closing circle 12 midday.
- Community circles morning and evening, facilitated by certified NVC trainers.
- NVC sessions held by three certified trainers and others with NVC experience.
- Daily Empathy Home Groups.
- Other workshop sessions and leisure activities.
- Activities for children: in previous years these have included arts and crafts, body art, storytelling and adventures for children.
- On the booking form we we ask if you want to offer an activity/session.
- Lunch: voluntary community picnic around the campfire.
- Evening meal: voluntary community fire-cooked meal. If you want to participate in this meal, we invite you to sign up on a rota to be part of a team preparing the meal on one or more days.