Introduction to assertiveness with NVC online
12th May 2023 - 19th May 2023
10.30 am 4.30 pm each day
£199 - £129
LED BY Tracy Seed
Would you like to be more assertive using NVC ? Over two days (4 sessions) you will develop awareness and the skill of communicating effectively and on equal terms with others.
What is the course about?
Over 2 days this course will help you to use assertive behaviour, and a powerful Nonviolent communication tool, to deal more effectively with interpersonal difficulties that may arise in your life. Throughout the classes you’ll learn about the skills associated with assertiveness, gaining an understanding of the theory and putting it into practice. You will communication skills for expressing yourself confidently.
What will we cover?
– Identification of assertive and non-assertive behaviours
– Understanding the rights and responsibilities of an assertive person
– Principles of embodiment
– Nonviolent Communication
– Making a request
– Giving and receiving appreciation
– Learning how to say ‘No’
– Receiving criticism assertively
– Giving feedback assertively.
What will I achieve?
By the end of this course you should be able to…
– Differentiate between assertive and non-assertive behaviour
– Describe the rights and responsibilities of an assertive person
– Express our needs and values
– Apply some assertiveness skills in-class activities
– Plan a personal assertiveness strategy to use beyond the course.
” Wow the assertiveness course with Tracy Seed was been like discovering a new landscape. There is a world out there where you don’t have to hide, be frozen , impatient, angry and then stuck. Tracy showed me and I think others on the course, ways of communicating better with ourselves and as a result others. Tracy is an amazing mentor. Many thanks” course participant
What level is the course and do I need any particular skills?
No prior knowledge is required. This course is suitable if you are completely new to assertiveness work or as a refresher if you have done some training before. We ask that you come willing to participate in the discussions and practical exercises. You will need to speak and read English fluently. Please check if you are unsure of your level. The course is over two days.